How to use the Kiosk mode in TVU Partyline
TVU Partyline Kiosk mode is designed to fit up to 30 participants. The participant video feeds are dynamically sized and arranged around the main video feed to fit on a single display without scrolling or adding secondary screens. In addition, Kiosk mode supports a custom background image and logo to display alongside the video feeds.
How to Set up the Kiosk mode in a Partyline session:
- Open the left panel and select the Kiosk tab. Then, click the Start a kiosk mode button.
- Make a selection from the Main Window drop-down menu.
- The host can set the main window to be from a receiver, TVU Producer, a shared screen, or the webcam/video feed from a participant or two participant webcam/video feeds in side-by-side mode.
- Make a selection from the Output drop-down menu.
To invite participants:
- Click Invite at the top of the window.
- Make a selection from the drop-down menu and click the Copy link button.
- Paste the session URL into an e-mail and send it to your remote participants. Up to 30 participants can join a session
- Participants copy and paste the URL sent by the host via e-mail into their browser address field (Chrome is recommended).
- Each participant that joins will display around the main window.
The host view displays the Output and Main Window control functions. To set available functions for all participants of the party, complete the following steps:
- Click the Gear icon in the top-right navigation pane.
- Click the Participant Setting tab and use the slider to enable or disable participant functions.
- Click the Main Window Setting tab and select the Resolution from the drop-down menu, then click the Save button.
- Use the Output menu to select a Mosaic destination and click the Send button.
- The host sets up the type of video return to display in the main window by selecting from the VFB drop-down menu.
- In the Select source drop-down menu, choose a receiver and click the Send button.
- The host can start transmission to a transceiver as a single signal with all 30 participants. The participants see the main window feeds.
- To share your screen, click the screen-sharing icon and select what you want to share from the top tabs, then click the Share button.
- To stop sharing, click the red screen-sharing icon at the bottom of the screen.
Watch our Youtube Tutorials
You can view more in-depth Partyline videos on our Youtube channel.
About TVU Partyline
Visit the TVU Partyline page to learn all about how Partyline Partyline integrates with TVU Producer and the TVU Anywhere App which provides video conferencing capabilities between multiple participants or remote participants in live production.
TVU Partyline uses TVU’s patented IS+ transmission protocol to ensure broadcast-quality video and audio, as well as signal resiliency throughout a TVU Partyline session over the public internet, regardless of the number of participants.