How to create a Channel
TVU Channel makes it simple for anyone to create custom channels.
How to create a channel in TVU Channel:
- Open a Chrome web browser and enter http://www.channel.tvunetworks.com. Then, press Enter to enter the Workbench.
- In Workbench, click Create a Channel.
- In the Create a Channel pop-up, enter a Channel Name.
- Click the Format drop-down menu and select a format for the video resolution and framerate.
- If you want to add a channel logo, click the icon and select a local (.png, gif, or jpeg) file.
- Click the Region drop-down menu and select the region you are in. If no region matches your location, select the closest region to your location.
- Create specific folders for your content in the Show Folders field to help organize your media by typing in folder names. Type as many as you need, separated by commas with no spaces, and you can always come back to the Workbench and add more.
- Click the Broadcast Day Time drop-down menu and select the hours for your broadcast day.
- Click the button.
- CONGRATULATIONS! Your channel has started. Hover the mouse over your newly created channel and click to start programming.
Note: To return to the Workbench, click your channel name on the top left of the screen. Then, click the in the top-right corner of your new channel to open the Settings pop-up window.
Take me to the next How-to for Channel.
Watch our YouTube Tutorials
Watch product tutorials for all TVU products on our YouTube channel.
About TVU Channel
TVU Channel is a cloud streaming service created by TVU Networks that completely revolutionizes creating, managing, operating, and monetizing a 24/7 digital channel. Using cellular bonding and low latency features, broadcasters & producers alike can manage remote productions and multi-camera live streaming with ease. Our zero infrastructure environment has massively reduced the time, cost, and complexity of creating custom channels. In addition to creating new content channels, many broadcasters use Channel as a backup for their television stations Master Control.