How to take your channel to Air
TVU Channel makes it simple to take a channel to “Air” and output to Social Media sites, websites, apps, OTT, OTA, and more.
To take your channel to air digitally via IP Address and port number:
- Go to the Workbench user interface by clicking on your channel name at the top left of the screen and then select the Channel you want to take to air.
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner of your new channel. Next, click Settings to open the Channel Settings pop-up window.
- At the bottom of the window under Output, Select .
- Select ProMPEG from the drop-down menu.
- In the PROMPEG Settings pop-up window, enter an Output Name.
- Enter an IP address.
- Enter an outgoing Port number.
- Select a Resolution from the drop-down menu.
- Select a language code.
- Click the Save and go live button.
- In the Channel Settings pop-up, enable the slider by pushing it to the right. When enabled, a “Push success” message displays.
- Click the button.
Use TVU Channel to Output to Social Media:
- In the Workbench user interface, select a Channel.
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner of your new channel. Then, click Settings to open the Channel Settings pop-up window.
- At the bottom of the window under Output, select Import social media accounts from the drop-down menu.
- In the Bind Social Accounts pop-up window, select the social media site you want your channel to play on and follow prompts to enter your credentials.
- Click save and that social output is saved as an output. To bind additional Social Media accounts, click the Import button and follow the same process for each.
- To enable your accounts in the Channel Settings window, move the Output slider to the right.
- Click the button.
Take me to the next How-to for Channel.
Watch our YouTube Tutorials
Watch product tutorials for all TVU products on our YouTube channel.
About TVU Channel
TVU Channel is a cloud streaming service created by TVU Networks that completely revolutionizes creating, managing, operating, and monetizing a 24/7 digital channel. Using cellular bonding and low latency features, broadcasters & producers alike can manage remote productions and multi-camera live streaming with ease. Our zero infrastructure environment has massively reduced the time, cost, and complexity of creating custom channels. In addition to creating new content channels, many broadcasters use Channel as a backup for their television stations Master Control.