Effective Date: February 1, 2017
By visiting the Site or using any of our Services, you agree that your information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over your privacy, is subject to this Policy.
- Information We Collect About You
- How and Why We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Ownership of Information
- Third-Party Analytics
- Emails and Newsletters
- Third-Party Links
- Security of Your Personal Information
- What Choices Do You Have Regarding Use of Your Personal Information?
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Contact Us
- Changes to this Policy
Information We Collect About You
We may collect information about you directly from you or from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services. Our purpose in collecting this information is to enable your use of the Services, and to improve the Services.
Certain areas and features of our Site and Services require registration and/or creation of a user account. Depending on what area of our Site or Services you register for, you will be required to provide some or all of the following information: your company name, name, address, phone number, email, username, password, and information about your TVU assets (equipment leased or purchased).
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies and other tracking technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and/or use our Services; your device ID; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information. Please see the section Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms below for more information.
How and Why We Use Your Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes: for example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individual basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may elect to share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- TVU Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which TVU is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. We do not disclose or transfer your personal information to non-affiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes without your prior written consent.
Ownership of Information
Information about your usage of TVU’s Services is your property. Usage information that is aggregated across multiple TVU users and customers, “de-identified” with personal and corporate identifying information stripped out, is TVU’s property.
Third Party Analytics
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser do-not-track requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies.Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies.Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Emails and Newsletters
Emails we send you may include a tag that notifies us whether you have received or opened the email, or clicked a link within the email. If you do not want us to collect this information, you can opt out of receiving emails; there are links in the emails that provide opt out options.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third party websites.
Security of Your Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your user name and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your information or by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding Use of Your Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not designed for children under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services, or you would like to make a complaint, please contact us in one of the following ways.
Telephone: +1 650.969.6732
Fax: +1 650.969.6747
Changes to this Policy